The Junior League of Champaign-Urbana (JLCU) is a charitable, nonprofit organization of more than 350 trained women volunteers. More than half of our active members work either full or part time outside of the home in addition to fulfilling their JLCU responsibilities. Many members of our sustaining membership volunteer their time serving on community boards and in service to other community organizations.
We invite you to make a difference in your community!
The Junior League of Champaign-Urbana (JLCU) reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins, those who identify as women who demonstrate an interest and commitment to voluntarism. If you are interested in making a commitment to volunteering in the Champaign-Urbana area, please join us!
Membership Requirements & Application
To be eligible to join the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana, an individual who identifies as a woman must be 21 years old by June 1st of the year in which she is seeking membership. No member sponsorship is required to join the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana. We accept new members each summer to participate in our New Member Class which begins in the fall.
All new members must:
- Attend monthly New Member Class meetings and monthly General Membership meetings from September to May.
- Actively participate in the New Member class project.
- Pay Enrollment Dues.
- Complete a total of 13 volunteer hours by May 31st:
- 6 hours at the Festival of Trees event;
- 3 hours on a JLCU project/program;
- 4 flexible hours which includes:
- 1 Credit per every 1 Project Hour
- 1 Credit per every 1 Festival of Trees Hour
- 1 Credit to attend Council Meeting (up to 2 credits a year)
- Other opportunities approved by the JLCU Board of Directors
Junior League Transfer Members
If you are in the process of transferring your membership from a previous League to JLCU, please email our Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.