To be eligible to join the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana, a woman must be 21 years old by June 1st of the year in which she is seeking membership. No member sponsorship is required to join the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana. We accept new members each summer to participate in our New Member Class which begins in the fall.
All new members must:
- Attend monthly New Member Class meetings and monthly General Membership meetings from September to May.
- Actively participate in the New Member class project.
- Pay Enrollment Dues.
- Complete a total of 13 volunteer hours by May 31st:
- 6 hours at the Festival of Trees event;
- 3 hours on a JLCU project/program;
- 4 flexible hours which includes:
- 1 Credit per every 1 Project Hour
- 1 Credit per every 1 Festival of Trees Hour
- 1 Credit to attend Council Meeting (up to 2 credits a year)
- Other opportunities approved by the JLCU Board of Directors