To be eligible to join the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana, a woman must be 21 years old by June 1st of the year in which she is seeking membership. No member sponsorship is required to join the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana. We accept new members each summer to participate in our New Member Class which begins in the fall.
Complete a total of 13 volunteer hours by May 31st:
All new members must attend monthly New Member Class meetings from September to February and monthly General Membership meetings from September to May.
- 3-6 hours at Festival of Trees, our annual fundraiser
- 4-6 hours on a JLCU project
- 3 flexible hours which includes:
- 1 Credit per every 1 Project Hour
- 1 Credit per every 1 Festival of Trees Hour
- 1 Credit – Attend Council Meeting (up to 2 credits a year)
- 1 Credit – Attend the Chair/Asst Chair Training
- 3 Credits – Attend any: ODI, Renew, AJLI Conference
- 3 Credits – JLCU Committee Chair (credit will be award in March)
- Other opportunities approved by the JLCU Board of Directors
- Participate in the New Member Class project